RG-2400 LT is a surface conversion compound utilizing mineralization technology, or the "Science of Minetics"; this compound replaces the corrosion process with a mineral formation on and into the metal creating a mineral barrier 50-200 angstroms deep into the metal surface and as time passes, the mineral layer on top of the substrate increases in thickness.
RG-2400 LT is not “new” technology, it is new to the insulation industry and a breakthrough for corrosion control and prevention on piping systems, tanks and vessels under insulation. It is a non-drying compound easily brush/spray applied to pipes, fittings, valves, tanks and vessels. It's non-skinning and non-sag properties make it a permanent solution.
RG-2400 LT prevents corrosion from occurring, and it also stops existing corrosion from advancing on existing systems, it requires minimal (wire brush off the scale) preparation. In addition, RG-2400 LT prevents stainless steel and copper stress crack corrosion under insulation.
Installation thicknesses of 25-30 MILS allow the unique formulation to heal any subsequent breach (mechanical damage) of the mineral barrier, and the RG-2400 LT formula is so unique, that even if the vapor barrier is breached allowing moisture into the system, the RG-2400 LT will buffer the moisture to an elevated pH.
The insulation contractor applies RG-2400 LT on the pipe using PVC chemical gloves. The opacity and color of the product (blue) allows for easy site inspection of an installation. When it’s BLUE, you’re through!
RG-2400 LT is also "NON-TOXIC", and will NOT harm the environment. RG-2400 Cleaner is also available from Polyguard; this cleaner is specifically formulated to clean tools, equipment, and hands without harmful chemicals.
- RG-2400 Cleaner for easy clean up of all ReactiveGel products
RG-2400 LT Application Video
Features & Benefits
- Minetics forms a mineral layer into the metal substrate
- Prevents corrosion from occurring
- Stops existing corrosion from advancing
- Multi-use product great for CUI, piping systems, fittings, valves, tanks & vessels
- Low Temperature service gel
- Non-drying compound
- Formulated to be applied to cold pipes - very creamy
- For use on any system up to 250ºF (121ºC)
- Ammonia, brine, and glycol systems, LNG, Cryogenic
- For weld packs on pre-insulated pipe systems
- Low pressure steam (5.3# guage pressure, 20# absolute pressure)
- RG-2400 LT can be used in spray applications