About Highway Division:
Since 1972, Polyguard's Highway Division offers Pavement Underseal Membranes that have been used across the country in Pavement Waterproofing and rehabilitation projects:
- Applied as Highway Underlayments over cracks or joints on the old pavement prior to a new overlay, Polyguard underseals have been proven to:
- Provide a permanent seal, even if the new pavement above the underseal cracks.
- Reduces the amount and severity of cracking in the new pavement surface, thus reducing Pavement Maintenance.
- Provides a seal when temperature forces act upon the slab causing slab curling. The friction and bending that occur naturally and cause damage are lessened when Pavement Underseal Membranes has been applied.
- Applied to bridge decks or parking garages prior to overlay, Polyguard underseal provides an impermeable barrier protecting steel rebar from moisture and corrosion. Combined with a Road Bore Casing Filler moisture doesn't have a chance. The greatest threat to the long-term durability of reinforced concrete is corrosion of the steel, which creates corrosion by-products that expand within the concrete structure leading to failure and debonding of the steel from the concrete. Application of our products during construction stops this natural process that is causing billions of dollars in damage each year when reinforced concrete is built without moisture protection.
Whether it is repair work, as in a highway underlay over the old pavement, or new work utilizing the best in materials protection technology, Polyguard has the products that will drop maintenance costs and extend the life of structures that are properly protected.
Polyguard's family of products are built to protect against the environment and its destructive forces. From Underslab Waterproofing and Corrosion Coatings to Insulation Jacket application and beyond, Polyguard products are built to last, so your materials will as well.
- Rehabilitation of concrete pavements prior to asphalt overlay
- Rehabilitation of asphalt pavements and parking lots
- Protection of Bridge Decks
- Pothole Repair using Polyguard's NW-75