RG-2400 LT is a surface conversion compound utilizing mineralization technology, or the "Science of Minetics"; this compound replaces the corrosion process with a mineral formation on and into the metal creating a mineral barrier 50-200 angstroms deep into the metal surface.
RG-2400 LT is a breakthrough for corrosion control and prevention on piping systems, tanks and vessels under insulation. It is a non-drying compound easily brush/spray applied to pipes, fittings, valves, tanks and vessels. It's non-skinning and non-sag properties make it a permanent solution.
RG-2400 LT helps prevent corrosion from occurring, and it also helps stop existing corrosion from advancing. It requires minimal (wire brush off the scale) preparation. In addition, RG-2400 LT helps prevent stainless steel and copper stress crack corrosion under insulation.
Installation thicknesses of 25-30 MILS allow the unique formulation to heal any subsequent breach (mechanical damage) of the mineral barrier, and the RG-2400 LT formula is so unique, that even if the vapor barrier is breached allowing moisture into the system, the RG-2400 LT will buffer any moisture that migrates through it to an elevated pH.
The color of the product (blue) allows for easy site inspection of an installation. When it’s BLUE, you’re through!
Recommended clean-up is commercially available citrus cleaner followed by soap and water.
RG-2400 LT Application Video
Features & Benefits
- Minetics forms a mineral layer into the metal substrate
- Helps prevent corrosion from occurring
- Helps stop existing corrosion from advancing
- Multi-use product great for CUI, piping systems, fittings, valves, tanks & vessels
- Low Temperature service gel
- Non-drying compound
- Formulated to be applied to cold pipes - very creamy
- For use on any system up to 250ºF (121ºC)
- Ammonia, brine, and glycol systems, LNG, Cryogenic
- For weld packs on pre-insulated pipe systems
- Low pressure steam
- RG-2400 LT can be used in spray applications