RG-2401 is a supply side oil industry specific gel utilizing mineralization technology, the gel replaces the corrosion process with a mineral formation onto and into the metal surface which creating a mineral barrier 50-200 angstroms thick.
RG-2401 is a special custom modification of RG-2400 LT specifically designed for oil well casing corrosion problems where moisture and salt residue are present in the annular space. RG-2401 is a non-drying compound which is pumped into the base of the annular space in oil well cavities, filling the entire cavity, to displace and buffer moisture while mineralizing the metal surfaces.
RG-2401 helps prevent corrosion from occurring, and helps stop existing corrosion from advancing on existing casings, it requires minimal preparation; hot water flushing of the annular space with sufficient water to remove debris, contaminants, and raise the casing temperature. The gel is pumped in to fill the well, it’s molecular weight and hydrophobic properties displace any moisture present migrating it to the surface.
RG-2401 can also be used for road casing corrosion remediation.
RG-2401 clean up is easy with commercially available citrus cleaner followed by soap and water.
Features & Benefits
- Specifically designed to be used on oil well casings
- Can be used for road casing corrosion remediation
- For displacing water in wells with service up to 250ºF (121ºC)
- Application is made using common transfer pumping equipment
- Minimal preparation required
- Penetrates down any gaps in inner casing
- Displaces and buffers moisture migrating it to the surface
- Non-drying compound