Polyguard’s Outerwrap is designed for use over Insulrap™ 50 NG vapor barriers in direct burial applications to alleviate soil stress on large diameter pipes.
Outerwrap is an un-bonded, 3 mil, cross laminated polyethylene, 6" or 12" wide which can be spiral wrap applied over Insulrap™ 50-NG. This inexpensive wrap then becomes a sacrificial layer which will wrinkle protecting the vapor barrier from wrinkling. It provides 3700 psi tensile strength, and 90 Kg/Cm impact strength.
Features & Benefits
- Protects vapor barrier membrane in direct burial
- Absorbs soil stress
- 3,700 psi Tensile Strength
- 90 Kg/Cm Impact Strength
- Wicks away moisture from surface of insulation
- Un-bonded, 3 mil, cross laminated polyethylene
- Available in 6" or 12" wide rolls