Alumaguard® and Alumaguard® Cool Wrap™
Alumaguard® is a composite membrane consisting of a multi-ply embossed UV-resistant aluminum foil/polymer laminate to which is applied a layer of rubberized asphalt specially formulated for use on insulated duct and piping applications.
Alumaguard® is a high strength 56 mil membrane laminated to aluminum foil. Its elongation eliminates the need for ‘slip joints’, as it expands and contracts with the system without rupture or leakage.
Alumaguard® out performs other common exterior weather barriers, laggings, or coatings, and, by providing exceptional UV protection, weather protection, vapor barrier, and mechanical protection; and simple ‘peel and stick’ installation!
Also available as Alumaguard® Cool Wrap™ this technology is a 'green' energy saving flexible cladding available in configurations for all of our Alumaguard® family products. Cool Wrap™ technologies includes a matte white finish, it qualifies for LEED credits. Meets solar reflectance and emissivity requirements of Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) and California Title 24.
Alumaguard® Lite - Used for the underside of the duct to eliminate the need for pinning.
Alumaguard® Air Release Valves - to relieve pressure related stress under bottom of ducts, our miniature one-way air release valve van be easily installed in the bottom of the duct to relieve air pressure, and you can install as many as are required.
Features & Benefits
- All Alumaguard® products are Zero Perm
- All Alumaguard® products carry a 10-Year Warranty
- Industry proven since 1998
- Composite membrane with superior bond strength
- Easy to install peel and stick, no special tools required
- Self-healing, puncture resistant
- Excellent emissivity & sound attenuation (STC 18)
- Energy saving flexible cladding
- UV Resistant aluminum foil/polymer laminate
- Resists moisture, air and vapor intrusion
- Qualifies for LEED credits
- Bright white Cool Wrap meets CA Title 24, CRRC & Energy Star requirements